Write With Us As Part of the Team
Thank you for wanting to share your writing with us. If you’re not familiar with Cut 19, check out the current posts and you’ll see the vibe varies piece-to-piece, but all share in the wonderment of the written word. We encourage submissions from writers and authors, and even non-writers of all levels. Whether you are a hobbyist, an aspiring writer, a published author, or anything in between–we want to share your words.
Cut 19 Categories
Right now Cut 19 accepts creative writing submissions for:
Short Story – Fiction or Non-Fiction
Long Form Poetry & Poetic Prose
There is definitely room for everyone. So we encourage you to share a little piece of yourself with us and become a part of the Cut 19 family of writers.
Cut 19 Submission Guidelines
Please adhere to the following Cut19 submission guidelines:
- Ensure that your article/piece is properly edited (typos, grammar, punctuation). Our team will perform minor adjustments but cannot perform complete edits. If something needs to be changed or added, please resubmit/resend to include the changes and make specific note of changes.
- We prefer your submission is put directly in the body of the email. Please attach any images to be used within the body of the submission to the same email. All images need to be high-quality. Be sure to include proper credit. Found images (ex. Google or Pinterest) are not accepted and will not be used.
- Create one (1) submission for each piece. Do not include multiple submissions within the body of the same email.
- In the subject line or the first line of the email please state if the piece is short story or poetry.
- All short story submissions should have a word count of between 500-2000 words. Cut19 is all about substance, so these are just approximate guidelines but try your best to fall between those numbers. For Poetry we like to keep it long-form with at least 100 words. We do accept smaller submissions if you include multiple with one submission. They will be posted on the same page. We do not accept image submissions for poetry–all submissions must be sent in text format.
- Submitted pieces should not have been published elsewhere – your personal blog, social media, website, or self-published book are the only exceptions.
- Writers are encouraged to include a short bio of 150 words, written in 3rd person view. If desired you may also include a square, high-quality face/headshot at least 100×100 in size. You can include up to two (2) links within the body of the bio for social media accounts or personal blog/website.
- We do not accept book reviews, product reviews, or allow for advertorials to be submitted. If you would like your book or product reviewed or featured on Cut19, please see our advertising page.
- By submitting to Cut19, you acknowledge that you have the right to do so and grant Cut19 non-exclusive rights to publish your words and images on our website Cut19.com and use links, excerpts, and images to help promote and share the submission to our mailing list recipients and social media followers.
SEND YOUR SUBMISSION TO : firstname.lastname@example.org